This is a sample of some of our most important publications. The materials can be obtained by calling our office at 267 753 946 24 for pricelist and ordering.
2010 brochure – Shiyeyi/English
Pre – School Material
8. Yimba Shiyeyi – (Hymns in Shiyeyi):
9. A Transitional Primer from English to Shiyeyi ISBN : 99912-964-2-5
10. A Brief History of the Wayeyi Tribe: ISBN : 9912-964-68
11. Shiyeyi, Setswana and English Picture Dictionary ISBN : 9912-964-91
12. Zishazi zi Shiyeyi (Shiyeyi Totems): ISBN 9912-964-84
13. Amezi shi Shiyeyi ISBN : 9912-964-92
14. Ldiyi Idi Urezha ISBN : 9912-964-7
i. Groundwork in Shiyeyi Grammar with a Shiyeyi-English Glossary- by Dr. Stephen Lukusa – University of Botswana
iii. Yimba Shiyeyi (25 Hymns from UCCSA Church)
iv. Annual Calendar with reading texts and pictures (each year we have a different theme for the Calendar)
v. Manqee iShiyeyi (Shiyeyi stories)
vi. Mayi nga maqa (Good News ( Portions of John with Gospel Music in Shiyeyi traditional melody)
i. Mokwaro wo Shiyeyi (Shiyeyi Orthography)
ii. Shiyeyi-English Transitional Primer
iii. Storybook 1 (General topics Shiyeyi Daily life, hunting, etec)
iv. Storybook 2 (Childrens diseases & recipes)
v. Shiyeyi English Picture Dictionary
Current Activities include
1. Installation of the Wayeyi Regent – following the death of Shikati Kamanakao
2. Visit to Namibia
3. Annual Cultural Festival in April 2004
Wayeyi Traditional crafts
The main producers of baskets are the women of the Wayeyi and Hambukushu tribes in northwestern Botswana in Gumare and Etsha villages. The closed baskets with lids are used for storing grain, seeds, and sometimes sorghum beer. Large, open bowl shaped baskets are used by the women for carrying items on their heads and for winnowing grain after it has been threshed.
* adapted from botswanacraft.bw
Wayeyi Traditional Dance
The wayeyi dance is unique to both other african tribes and the western dance.
To view the dance Click here!
Wayeyi Traditional Drums
The Wayeyi would beat drums, clap hands and sings loudly during the ceremonial times as some form of celebration!
The Paramount Chief of Wayeyi
Shikati Calvin Kamanakao
Names of Provincial Chiefs
Copyright © 2019. Kamanakao Association. All Rights Reserved.